Monday, May 9, 2011

Second clear

My raid team is always based on more than 10 people. A set 10 man team never works, since a single person having rl drama, line issues, power failure, and the entire raid falls apart. So you try organise some kind of sub/rotation setup, and balance progression around keeping everyone up to date in terms of both gear and knowledge of kills.

This brings me to one of the parts of raid leading that I enjoy the most. Now that we've killed Nef, we're doing a reclear of all bosses to plug the holes of those that missed kills for whatever reason. It's part of how I keep things fair, and keep everyone involved and loyal to the team.

As selfish and manipulative as that might sound, a "leave no man behind" policy is quite simply one of the best ways to encourage everyone to stick around. If everyone is going to get the kills and drops they need, why should you move? If anything, you get the kill without having to put up with the 159 nef wipes, for example.

Chogall took us a few weeks to kill last time, and Alakir was close on a month. We killed both last night without much hassle, with raids organised around those that needed the kills, rather than a perfect raid makeup.

I even included my co-gm resto druid in the chogall kill, even though thanks to work issues he hasn't been able to raid in a while, and so he was both undergeared and a little rusty on tacts. That said, he kicked the asses of both myself and my resto shaman, going to show once again that skill >> gear.

All in all, I'm very happy with my raid team at the moment. They pushed through some seriously taxing content, and are now dedicated to making sure that no one is left behind. We'll all be on even footing when T12 hits, which puts us in a very good position to hit Firelands hard right from the first week.

Tonight we reclear BWD and head for the second Nef kill, finishing the reclear for acheivements. After that, who knows. I'd like to take a look at a HC boss or two, but it all depends on who's willing. I know a lot of raiders are pretty worn out from the wiping on alakir and Nef, and a break until T12 makes more sense.

I also have two new healers coming into the raid team shortly, and both will require gearing and some rading practice before I drop them into the Firelands deep end. A more social reclear of T11 content would probably make more sense for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment