Monday, June 27, 2011

Permanent Restokin.com spot

So what I was hoping for has happened. My guest post got some serious love, and as such I was encouraged offer to make a second post. This quickly snowballed into me being made a permanent writer for restokin.com!

http://www.restokin.com/about-restokin/about-garnaph/
"Garnaph is now a permanent writer for Restokin, as of June 2011"

Now I'm both excited at the opportunity, and utterly terrified by the thought of having to actually produce decent content on an ongoing basis. I'm sure the topic ideas will come... it's just a little daunting right now.

Last night when all of this happened, was a bit of a surreal experience. Lissanna posted all of it on twitter, and next thing I know I'm getting SPAMMED with people following me. In the middle of a million names I don't know... "Inconspicuous Bear @Reesify is now following you (@Garnaph)". I had to double take that one. Reesi is the bear goddess, the blogger I follow religiously, without whom I wouldn't be half the bear I am right now. Yes, I am not even going to try hiding my hero worship. Having her following my tweets is a great honor, and brings it to home exactly what I just got hooked up with. I hope to have some contact with a few of the team waffle guys, and I look forward to seeing what the future brings!

Lissanna is going to be away for most of July, organising wedding-type stuff, so it looks like I'll be mostly holding the fort. I've got a 3-part series on power auras planned, and I'm currently looking for another topic to handle the 4th week - suggestions welcome!

So what this means for my personal blog is this : With the much higher numbers of viewers on restokin.com, I'll be saving my best stuff for there, and this blog will mainly stay as a space for me to mention anything related specifically to me, my raids, my guild... i.e. the type of stuff that the masses might not be terribly interested in, but for those keen to keep an eye on what we're up to, this is the place for it.

Keep an eye out for my posts on restokin over the next while. I'm hoping to be able to add a new spin on some topics, without changing the overall culture of the site, which clearly works just fine as is. It's sure to be one hell of a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment